Women have the resources, knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve self-sufficiency.
Helping women and their families help themselves.
At WINS, we strive to:
- Provide compassion and support;
- Encourage lifelong learning;
- Operate with integrity and honesty;
- Demonstrate respect for one another; and
- Promote teamwork in a fun environment.
- To operate donation-driven thrift stores to provide goods to women in need and their families and contribute to the financial sustainability of the Society;
- To operate resource centres to promote lifelong learning oportunities for women in need and their families; and
- To collaborate with agencies, organizations and individuals to respond to the needs of women and their families in Calgary and area.
Who We Help:
WINS works with women and their families in low-income situations.
- women entering or coming out of shelters
- single mothers and their children
- women in transition and needing support
- new immigrants
- the working poor
- those on income assistance
WINS is a charitable not-for-profit organization based in Calgary, Alberta. Established in 1992, WINS has grown from one thrift store to four stores throughout Calgary. As well, WINS now operates five Family Resource Centres in low-income housing areas, our Free Goods Referral Program, and an Employment Program.